Romans 8: 37-38
"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
As I stated yesterday, the one question we need to answer in order to obtain salvation from God is "I am....Do you believe this?" And really, what does that mean? My husband made a comment to me the other day. We are facing some persecutions that seem relentless and like they will never end. He, in a heated moment, said "Jesus is not going to save you from this!" Do you know how I responded to his outburst....very calmly I said, "He already has."
My husband is consumed with worry, fear and anger in the situation and sees my calm as "not caring" or "rolling over" and letting someone walk all over us, but as he is not a true Christ Follower. He doesn't understand the peace you receive when you believe in Christ Jesus. Some people think of it as a false sense of security and a careless attitude that is not productive in times of struggles.
Many of you may recall a recent attack on Sarah Palin about her faith. She made a comment about "putting her faith in God's will". This led some in the media to insinuate that she left everything up to God and couldn't make her own decisions. It makes me sad when people don't get it. It isn't about giving up the fight. It is about that extra power and strength you get from knowing you are never alone in your fight. The power of the Holy Spirit living within you.
You know David was scared when he went out to fight Goliath. He was human. But he did not allow the fear to consume him. He was not anxious. In fact, fear paralized the army, who had no faith. David, on the other hand, knew he was not fighting alone. He had faith in God.
So, as I explained to my husband, it isn't that I sit back and think God will fix everything. It is simply that I have faith. Faith in a God who will never leave me and who works everything for good. Yes, I will stand and fight, but I will not allow the fight to cripple me with fear and anxiety, because if I do, then I am not truly faithful and evil wins. My faith and love are with a God who has already taken care of it all....I know how the story ends.... and WE WIN .
Does someone you know need this message today? I have shared it with my husband, who do you know who needs to find strength in God today....share it with them too.
"Blessed is the man who persevers under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him." -- James 1:12
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." -- Joshua 1:9
"The humble will see their God at work and be glad. Let all who seek God's help be encouraged." -- Psalm 69:32
Prayer:
Lord, help me to remember always that You are by my side in every battle. You will never leave me to fight alone. Also, Lord, help me to remain faithful to You, leaving anxiety and fear at Your feet. I do believe "I am", and that knowledge means I have already won. In Jesus name, Amen.
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment