Wednesday, December 16, 2009

FREE....best holiday deal of the season!!

"the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." --Romans 6:23b

As I look at all the ads for Christmas shoppers, I notice all these enticements to buy something and get something else for free. You can buy a suit and get another suit free. Or buy a pair of earrings and get a necklace free. Whatever it is, advertisers know shoppers love to get something for free and they will line up to get it.

Yet, how many of them are lining up to get the greatest gift of all, absolutely free?! Our awesome gift from God is salvation, freely given through His son Jesus Christ, who saved us from the death of sin and gave us eternal life in Heaven with Him. You don't have to get up before dawn, fight for a parking space, nor stand in line to receive this gift. All that is required to receive it is faith in our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

God doesn't ask us to buy the law and He will throw in salvation as a free gift. He tells us clearly, our gift of salvation is simply obtained through grace, His grace, not our deeds..."For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves it is the gift of God" Ephesians 2:8.

So, if you find yourself scouring the advertisements for the best Christmas deal, remember, THE greatest Christmas gift of all is always free and never runs out. I don't know about you, it is the best deal I have ever found and if I have to pay full price for everything else the rest of my life, I won't mind.

"God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son." 1 John 5:11b

"to the praise of His glorious grace, which He has freely given us in the One he loves." -- Ephesians 1:6

Lord, help me to remember every day that I have already received the best bargain there is, salvation through Your Son Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment