"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." - 2 Corinthians 12:8
I know I have been missing in action for a few weeks and I apologize. I have been experiencing my first real trails as a new Christian. I have discovered that just when you feel the most confident and safe in your salvation, the devil makes his move to try and win you back to his side. And the power of this world is very, very, strong. And as I am discovering, the devil doesn't give up easily.
While our salvation is a free gift of God, I am finding out that the consequences of our past sin are not necessarily washed away with His blood. While I know my sin is forgiven and I have received salvation, there are still lessons to be learned from the "fall out" of the life we were leading. And, often times, Satan uses that "fall out" to try and lure us back into the muck Jesus washed away.
As I have discovered through Paul's story in 2 Corinthians 12:7-10, God leaves us some of that "fall out" to remind us where we came from and the mess we made of our lives without him. We need to be reminded that His grace is sufficient and all we need to make it in this though, though world.
I don't think I have handled my testing as good as I could have, but I have learned valuable lessons. I know I don't control my world, God does. I know He knows what is best for me. I know there will be times He will make sure I remember those facts. I also know he loves me very much and is right there welcoming me with open arms when I realize I can't make it without Him.
"Submit yourselves, then to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up." - James 4:7,8a,10
"To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleased with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for your, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weakness, so that Christ's power may rest on me."
- 2 Corinthians 12:7-9
"be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus." - 2 Timothy 2:1
"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline." - 2 Timothy 1:7
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment