Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Walking with God everyday!!

1 Samuel 17:37a (NIV)
"The Lord who delivered me from the paw of the lion and the paw of the bear will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine."

Deuteronomy 31:8,
"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

Phil 4:11b,
"for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances."

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight.

Luke 10:40-42 (New International Version)
But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, "Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!"
"Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed.[a] Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her."

Psalm 139:23-24 (New International Version)
Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.

See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.

Do you ever feel overwhelmed with the mundane? I often feel like I do the same things every day, get up, stress about getting the family up and off to school and work, go to the same job every day with all the stress it brings and then back home to cook, clean and just try to keep up. Where does the time go and what purpose does any of this serve to the greater good. Is this all I am meant to be?

I have been feeling a bit like this lately. Much of my prayer lately has been in asking God to show me the "purpose" of my life. You know what? God truly answers prayers and sometimes the answer is not what you expected at all.

This morning I was feeling particularly overwhelmed by the mundane as I awoke. I read my first devotion and it was like God had put it right in my hand....directly on point. He showed me how content David was with his life as a sheperd....watching over his flock and calling on God to help him with this mundane task. By asking God to walk with him everyday in even the most routine ways, David knew that God was with him when he needed him the most, fighting Goliath. He never doubted God's presence, even when his work was not all that interesting.

Then, I turned to my second devotional this morning....guess what that one was about today? You guessed it, feeling overwhelmed with the mundane. I smiled and knew right there, God was telling me, he is with me ALWAYS, even in the most common of circumstances. There is no shame in performing routine duties of daily life, what I need to remember is HE is still with me even in those tasks. I need to learn to ask him to walk with me in everything I do, whether it is getting the kids clothes ironed, lunches packed, or whatever. He is with me every step of the way. Learning to call on him even for the slightest task will make it that much easier to call on him in the "big" moments of life.

Well, I let God be with me this morning, and it was a morning where things didn't go that smoothly, but I didn't stress, I felt a calm come over me, knowing God was right there with me and everything would work out. The uniform I forgot to dry got done and on my child, we had to come back home for forgotten cheer clothes...I never got aggitated or upset...I remained calm and at peace knowing God was right there. We were going to be late, oh well. You know what happened....every light in my path this morning was green. That NEVER happens!!! As I went through the forth light that was green and we hadn't been stopped at one yet, a huge smile spread across my face. That was God answering me...."see I am here and if you trust me with the little crisis' in life, think what I can do in the big ones".

This is one of the "Ah hah" days for me. I have accepted the Holy Spirit into my life and he will NEVER leave me....not on an average day and not on a really bad day.....what JOY that brings. I probably wont quit smiling all day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment